ICTS Legal Services
ICTS Legal Services is headed by Leanne van Wyk. Leanne has over 25 years’ experience in providing legal services to the financial services industry. Leanne has led a very successful legal services practice and has served as Group Legal Counsel at a leading financial institution. She is active in numerous regulatory bodies and committees, including Past President of the Pension Lawyers Association of South Africa.
Our Services include amongst others:
- Contracts, mandates and Service Level Agreements – whether with service providers, agents, customers, employee, partners or others.
- Complaint responses – Adjudicator, Ombud or other
- Drafting of retirement fund rules, employer letters, etc (umbrella fund and stand-alone funds)
- Publications – financial services industry, legislative, regulatory and legal updates – both internal and for customers (can be white-labelled)
- Assistance with employee benefit and retirement fund matters: divorce orders, death claims, new products, 37D deductions, trustee legal queries, customer legal queries and all your other everyday business requirements
- Managing litigation in conjunction with the business and law firm
- Training and seminars for employees, customers and trustees on legal issues
- Assistance with the legal issues around internal restructuring – such as regulatory and legislative requirements
- Assistance with, training and consulting on regulatory projects and deliverables such as POPIA and TCF
- Independent retirement fund Trustee, Chairman and Principal Officer services, including section 26 trustees
- Policy drafting
- Administrative services related to the above, for example, submission and management of rule amendments and adjudicator cases.
- We can provide the above services on a flexible basis either directly to customers, such as retirement funds, or through the intermediary broker or consultant for their own use or for onward submission to their clients.